Speaking to Forbes at the opening of Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, which this year includes an all-new maze inspired by the original The Exorcist, Linda Blair shared her thoughts on Fox’s upcoming series and says she’d love to be involved.
“I am looking forward to seeing what they do. They are trying to come up with different scary stories that have to do with the paranormal and exorcism. We wish them all the best, we really do. Geena Davis is a huge fan of it all and I’m a huge fan of hers so of course, I’m going to wish them good luck with it. I don’t want people to fail, that’s not who I am.”
However despite writer/producer Jeremey Slater’s recent gushing over a potential cameo by the actress and animal rights activist, Blair says they have yet to get in touch with her.
They keep mentioning my name when they talk about it and I’m like, ‘Stop teasing me. Put up or shut up.’ They haven’t contacted me or reached out at all. If they want to play ball, let’s play ball. I should be involved but they have never invited me to. So far they have only said it to the press.
The first episode of The Exorcist premieres on FOX, September 23.